Mark E. Gearheart
Email: click here to contact
- California, 1980
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
Associations & memberships
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- California Applicants’ Attorneys Association
- American Association for Justice
- Workers Injury Law and Advocacy Group
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry for professionalism and ethics.
- Applicant Attorney of the Year Award from the State Bar of California Workers’ Compensation Section, 2012
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America” 1999- present.
- Voted a “California Super Lawyer” in Workers’ Compensation by peers 2004 – present
- “Barry Williams Lifetime Achievement Award” from the East Bay Chapter, California Applicants’ Attorneys Assn., 2012
Mr. Gearheart has been appointed as a Judge Pro Tempore, Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. In that capacity he occasionally assists the W.C.A.B. by sitting as a temporary Judge.
Mr. Gearheart is a frequent speaker before the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, labor unions, bar groups and other organizations. He presently serves on the Board of Directors of the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association and as Co-Chair of its Regulations Committee. He has succesfully litigated many appellate cases (see appellate cases section).
The Law Office of Mark Gearheart represents clients throughout the East Bay and the greater San Francisco bay area.